I don’t know about you, but I hate trying to eat watermelon that’s been cut into triangles! Maybe my mouth isn’t shaped quite right, but I just find that it ends up cutting the corners of my mouth and getting me all sticky.
Here’s a way that you can create little “watermelon pops” that everyone will appreciate and are easily holdable! This one is super simple, but I really think you’ll love it!
1. Gear Up!
- large cutting board
- dish towel (to lay under the cutting board and soak up watermelon juice)
- chef’s knife
- large container (I chose a 13×9 pan because that’s what I have available!)
2. Cut off both ends.
3. Cut your watermelon in half.
Can’t cut it quite straight? Don’t worry, honey badger don’t care.
4. Take one half and cut off about 1 inch on both sides.
5. Cut your watermelon into 1 inch slices.
Again, precision isn’t super important here.
6. Turn the watermelon (or the cutting board) (or move yourself) and make 1 inch slices again.
7. Transfer your watermelon into a dish to store it. And repeat with the second side.
As I said, not super complex, but oh so helpful! Let me know in the comments: do you sprinkle salt on your watermelon or eat it straight up?