What’s cookin’ good lookin’? I hope you enjoyed one of the most important days of the year… MOTHER’S DAY! I recently discovered that Mother’s Day was waaay more important to my mom than her birthday. You know, after we had executed a lack-luster Mother’s Day a few years back. (Oops!)
So what do you guys do for your mom for Mother’s Day?
The one year I celebrated Mother’s Week because in Gilmore Girls (Mom and my favorite show) they celebrated Birth Week with surprises every day. I’m not excellent at party planning or gift giving though so I would love to hear some of your thoughts!
Anyway, let me get to why you’re really here. To learn how to make spring rolls!
Veggie Spring Rolls
You can make these with shrimp, tofu, or add vermicelli noodles. But I decided I wanted to just have a whole bunch of veggies!
If you’re a video-type person, you’re in luck!
1. Gather Your Supplies
- Spring Rolls Skins
- Pan of water
- Damp Dish Towel
- Romaine Leaf
- Thin-Sliced Veggies
- Some great options are zucchini, cucumber, peppers, carrots, rashes, avocado, pea sprouts, bean sprouts
2. Place spring roll skin in water for 30 seconds.
3. Place the spring roll skin on a damp clean towel. Cut a leaf of romaine a bit smaller than your skin and place it in the middle.
This will help your veggies not slice through the skin as easily.
4. Place all of your veggies length-wise in a stack.
By making your veggies super thin by slicing, using a vegetable peeler, or even a spiralizer, you decrease your chances of the veggies poking through your skin.
5. Fold your ends in and press firmly.
6. Wrap one side over, then roll your spring roll the rest of the way.
Finally, as Michael Scott would say:
Now, here’s my favorite dip recipe that I like to dunk these in. I got it from The Mostly Vegan.
Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup or soy sauce
1/4 cup sriracha
Instructions: Just mix it all together.
Sooo try it out! Make it your own with your favorite veggies. I think you’ll really enjoy them.